benefits of quitting
this is another list i found somewhere that i found helpful...
1. There is a much lowered risk of disability and death from coronary heart disease and smoking- related lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
2. Your taste buds come back to life. Your sense of smell improves.
3. Fire hazard is reduced.
4. Chronic irritation of larynx is reduced so your speaking voice may improve.
5. Shortness of breath and cough decrease.
6. There is a reduced risk of ulcer.
7. Your risk of getting lung cancer is reduced; particularly occupation related lung cancer for asbestos and some chemical workers.
8. A pregnant woman eliminates possible smoking-related injury to the unborn fetus.
9. Nonsmokers are more acceptable in public places and in the homes of nonsmoking friends.
10. Women on the birth control pill worry less about side effects.
11. Fewer colds occur.
12. Circulation improves.
13. Frequency and severity of asthma episodes are greatly decreased.
14. More spending money is available.
15. You have more energy and stamina.
16. The smell of tobacco doesn't cling to your clothes and hair.
17. You're a better example for your children. You increase the chance that they'll never smoke.
18. You look better, healthier. You have a new sense of control over your life.
19. Peripheral and night vision improve so you drive more safely, especially at night.
20. You have two free hands again.
comments are closed